Support Engineer (Medical Equipment)
Neurology and Medical IT Equipment (EEG and EMG diagnostic medical equipment)
Location: Either at head office in Guildford, Surrey or home based.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Working for the UK market leader in diagnostic neurology equipment, you will be required to:
- install, repair and perform preventative maintenance on a range of specialised diagnostic equipment located at hospitals throughout the UK and Ireland
- provide high level remote access support via phone or PC
Full product training will be provided.
- To perform preventative and routine maintenance on installed equipment in a professional manner
- To troubleshoot, diagnose and repair systems. Problems may be related to dedicated medical hardware and software or to IT type problems ( i.e: PCs, networks or severs)
- Installing single systems or large networked systems. Larger installations will be performed as part of a team
- Providing remote technical support via phone or remote PC access
- Keep abreast of new product developments and technical product information
- Have direct interaction with customers to build relationships and promote Optima.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Degree, post graduate qualification (or HND with relevant experience) in appropriate subject (eg: electronics, engineering or IT)
- Experience diagnosing and repairing diagnostic medical equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop (and preferably server operating systems)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to relate well to customers
- Capable of working independently and able to remain calm under pressure
- Full UK driving license
- Must be willing to travel extensively in UK and Ireland.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the position please contact Terriann Page on 020 3058 0850